Gilbert B. Switala, Jr., Partner
In 1999 after eight years of practice, Gil Switala, alongside partner Jim Thorson, left a high volume personal injury firm to start Thorson & Switala. Their goal was to create a firm where those seriously injured and families affected by wrongful death could obtain aggressive representation with a more personal touch. “Big Enough to Win, Small Enough to Care,” was born from this idea.
Gil has extensive experience and knowledge in representing personal injury victims. Few attorneys in the greater Miami Valley have handled more personal injury claims than Gil.
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Medical Malpractice
- 1991, Ohio
- University of Dayton School of Law, J.D., 1990
- University of Pittsburgh, B.A., 1987
- Dayton Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- American Bar Associations
- American Association for Justice
- Ohio Association for Justice
- Miami Valley Trial Lawyers Association, Board Member, Past Treasurer
- Ohio Association for Justice, Vice Chair of the Legislative Committee
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, December 5, 1964
Gil is a happily married father of four. He is extremely involved in youth sports, coaching his sons’ CYO and select basketball teams as well as football team. He attends Incarnation Church and is an active supporter of Alter High School organizations. Gil is an avid Buckeye fan; and as a native of Pittsburgh, he maintains his love for the Steelers.